I am what is (or at least at some point in time was) referred to as a
"child of a broken home."

Looking back on everything, there are still wounds from my parent's
marriage that bleed over on me... but then again, they did have a
horrible divorce.  One of my goals this weekend was to see if my Dad had
slides that my mom had told me about.  He does, and we did find them,
but for some assinine reason or another he would not just let me take
them and convert them to CD as I want to do.  He wants to "go thought
them and pick out the ones he wants saved" and then he'll send them to
me.  The rest he'll trash.  This is all about him and my mom and nothing
about me, but (as always), the kid gets hurt too... even at 28.  That
was the one dark spot on the weekend... one that even my stepmother
doesn't understand.

Hatton