>>| From: Douglas Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>>|
>>| Wish I would have known about that stuff. I had our cat
>>| declawed, and they pretty much mangled his poor little
>>| feet. He could not even walk for almost a week and a half.
>>| I had not ever heard about it being bad, and therefore did
>>| not worry until he came home so pitifull

I'm glad I found these.

(Without going into some long flame war about it being inhumane and all
that, this is my experience with declawing.)

I hated to have to get Snoopy declawed, but he has the potential to a)
cause us trouble with the landlord, cause he's already ruined a bit of
the upstairs wall, which I have to figure out how to fix, and b) he's
starting to pull up loops of the from the hallway carpet. Yelling and
spraying hasn't worked yet, and that left declawing, which I've had done
to an indoor cat in the past.

It was horribly painful, I am sure, I felt so sorry for him, but I loved
him more, and if it wasn't done, he'd of had to go to the pound. (I was
young, he attacked my sister by accident, he was destroying the
furniture.) So declawed he got. After the initial 2 weeks, he rebounded
and was just like himself, still loved us, still purred, lived a good
long life.

But,we won't have to go through with that for Snoopy, as he now has nice
pink plastic nails. Now he just needs to be neutered. ;)

Erika
(with a *K*)

"Life...  is like a grapefruit.  It's orange and squishy,
and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."