But do people operate that way. I'd love to have customized news and
information retrieval. But I can see most people limiting the news to an
extremely narrow scope (e.g. local football team and the box scores mostly).
The writer David Brin had an interesting solution for that, the server
delivers an additional set of news and info based on a priority system that
the person would have to read or have their news choices completely
restricted.

I was thinking at one point the advantages of making the internet
unanonymous - having your photo and other identifying information on your
communications, but that also has its problems. For instance human rights
activists in China are using such services as Anonmyzer (spelling?) to cloak
themselves as they are going to the Amnesty International or Human Rights
Watch sites.

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons