The really weren't, The Article of Confederation were written with that
passion, and they failed. It wasn't until everybody calmed down and got
back into "normal" life that they realized they needed something more
powerful.

I very much understand what you are trying to say, but just look at how
long it took to get the document written, how long it took for the
states to ratify it. And how long after the War it took before them to
realize something was needed.

> And you cannot deny that they were in a state of patriotic passion.
We