Yes

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Heald [mailto:healdt@;dsmail.state.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 12:58 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: How free are we?

Something else about this issue, and I am not a religious person, just very
literal in my interpretation of the constitution.  Shouldn't making prayer
illegal be against the first amendment? The first to parts of the following
sentence would pertain.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Wouldn't making prayer illegal be prohibiting religions free exercise?

Tim