Hey Brian,
I'm disheartened to hear about all the private email you've gotten from
people telling to f**k off. But, it doesn't entirely shock me.

One thing I would question about your account, though, was what was the
lesbian's take on the situation? I've had a number of work friends with whom
I've exchanged banter that could be construed to be offensive outside the
realm of my relationship with that person. Hell, Kevin's been calling me a
breeder damn near daily lately. ;) But, that doesn't mean I'm offended, or
that I would ever expect or want anyone to step in to the middle of my
interactions if I were offended.

(In contrast, I worked with one gay man that insisted that I was a lesbian
and that my boyfriend (now husband) was really a gay man that hadn't figured
it out yet. What I wouldn't have given for someone to fire him!)

Of course, it's entirely possible that the two people in question did NOT
have a positive relationship, and that he was being offensive. I just figure
it's always a good idea to get all perspectives before decisions are made.

Deanna Schneider
Interactive Media Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]