Deanna,

I agree, it's only fair and appropriate to get both sides of the story, but in short,
she brought it to my attention, in the form of a written complaint.  A quick scan of
our email server (how quickly people forget that company email isn’t necessarily
private), and witnessing the name calling, was all I needed to make my decision.

I'm sure we all have conversations that could be misinterpreted, but no matter how
chummy I am with someone, calling them a faggot, dyke, nigger, any-of-many
Anti-Semitic slurs, is simply not acceptable, in or out of the workplace.  I choose
not to use such language ever.

I honestly cant think of a single way calling someone "X", even if it's not used in a
direct, insulting way, doesn't perpetuate discrimination, racism, prejudice, or
hatred...  "It's okay to hate"

..which was part of my original point.  I don’t care about the guy on the 49er's, for
all I know he's going to get beaten to a pulp by a homosexual.  But I do care about
the kids who look up to these 'role models'.  I don’t want my nephew to listen to this
crap.  I want my nephew to be compassionate and respectful of others.  To me, there's
a huge difference between "tolerating" and "coexisting peacefully".

~bgl

Unbelievable, have I offended some of you?  I've gotten now 16 emails telling me to
"F*** off".  Would you please elaborate on why should I f*** off?