I've have a several-year-old Micron 667mhz Millennia MAX GS that I am
currently using as my local development server at home.  Though it still
<pun>serves</pun> me faithfully, it struggles under the load of cfmx and
msde.  I am also considering an install of php and mysql.  I would like
to invest a bit into a good motherboard and processor replacement and
start with a clean install.

I currently have 768MB of ram, 2 256meg and 1 128 meg sticks of pc-133,
which I would like to carry over to the new set-up to keep the upgrade
cost low.  I am also open to investing in half gig of newer ram, and
scrapping the old stuff.  Maybe another half gig down the line.

I am also open to both intel and amd solutions.  My current play/code pc
is home built, oc'ed amd 2200+ w/ 1 512meg 3500 ram, so I am comfortable
with installing the components.  I think I will only need to touch the
motherboard, cpu and power supply.

I've looked at dual processor boards, but they seem a bit pricey.  I
think I can get more bang for the buck for a single, older athalon or
intel chip.  However, it would be fun to set up a dual processor system
for the first time.

I will probably have to upgrade the power supply as well, as the current
one is only a 250W.  So that adds $50 or so to the upgrade, perhaps more
if I go with a dual processor setup.

What would you recommend for a good mother board and cpu combo in the
$200-350 range?  It only needs a pci slot for a lan card(even better an
integrated lan port), and support for Ultra ATA 133.  Integrated video
would be ever better, I can get the whole system down to one component
for motherboard, network, and video.

Any suggestions are welcome.  Links to your preferred setup on a
vendor's website are even better.  ;)

t/
Matt