George, you stated that very well. It's true - I've found there to be a
large correlation between people who own SUV's, and people who blindly
follow the latest fads. They're more willing to compensate their moral
beliefs in exchange for being part of the newest thing - a "yes man" if you
will.

There's nothing wrong with consuming things, but damm, at least take into
account how your consumption affects other things. It's simply a matter of
cooperating with each other. I would go out on a limb to say that current
SUV owners, that are somewhat aware of the environmental effects of driving
one, are the ones whose mothers never taught them how to share as a child.
All they know is that they're pretty happy now, and screw anyone that says
otherwise.

This is admittedly a little extreme, but somebody has to be on the other
side of kevin's arguments ;)