Great story, MikeyD.

I met my wife on a tour of Alcatraz (yes, the former prison in San Francisco
Bay), and we were married 7 months later. (Got a life sentence <g>.)

Anybody else have funny meeting stories??

-Ben

> Oh, the story I could tell.
> She fled to Kansas after our first talk. I stalked her for months till she
> relented and contacted me. When first we met, she went through my wallet. We
> later met my parents. When next we met she took me to a place of judgment and
> later we met her parents. Our third meeting had me dwelling in her home and
> doing the dishes. We later strolled through the graveyard in the light of day.
> Our courtship moved apace until we finally met on the dance floor to decide our
> fate. Before the words could leave my mouth she pounced upon me and captured me.
> I could not escape. Even the pirate wenches could not save me. I was doomed!
>
> :::Translation:::
>
> The above is all true if strangely worded. After our first phone call Judith
> went to Kansas for a writers workshop and didn't tell me. I called her a number
> of times over the summer and past it. She later called me and we met for a date.
> She was so nervous that she looked through my wallet. After the date it was
> raining and we were near my home so I asked my parents to give her a lift to the
> train.
> Our next date was to a writers workshop where they were critiquing peoples
> works. After that we went to her home for supper. There were holidays next and
> Judith's Grandmother died during the holiday. She called me right after and I
> ran over to help out. I cleaned and did the dishes for her. I also slept over
> the night on the sofa. The next day was the funeral.
> We dated a few more months till I was ready to ask her to marry me. I 'mimed' it
> a few times to get my courage up and she was so exasperated about it that the
> next time I did (which was going to be for real) she came out and asked me a
> split second before.
> Sometime after that we were at a SF convention where two pirate wenches were
> coming onto me (oh, what a nice tie). I was totally oblivious and Judith
> explained it to me later. I was hers. :)
>

> > We finally learn how Mikey got such a lovely wife...
> > <eg>
> >

> > --  Ben Doom
> >     Programmer & General Lackey
> >     Moonbow Software, Inc

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481