From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 3:19 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: A good american

Please forgive me - I've come into this thread very late - so if this
has been said already, slap me once or twice.

> > But back to the point, you said there was no religion that opposes
> > war, I was pointing out there is at least one.
>
> Actually, they didn't oppose war.  They were just totally
> incompetent at it. The Buddhists in Tibet had prisons, an
> army, munitions, etc.

Couldn't we say there is a difference between the religion and how the
religion is practiced? For example, wouldn't a Christian be anti-war
because of Jesus' command to turn the other cheek? Or the commandment
that says thou shalt not kill (although I guess you could have a war w/o
killing people). Anyway, the point is, we could say religion Foo is
anti-war, but that the followers do not live up to the standards set
forth by their own teachings.

-rc

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com