> > The reason may not be obvious to everyone.  In fact, the
> > Tibetan Buddhists fought and lost a brief war with China.  I
> > mean no disrespect to the Dalai Lama, but he did leave for
> > India where there was a strong enough military to protect
> > him.
>
> That is not true, Tibet had a tiny army, little more than ceremonial
> compared to Chinas resources.

How is it not true, then?  They were vanquished.  They lost.  I wish they
hadn't, but they did.

> >Today we receive his graceful wisdom only because there
> > are a few hundred thousand Indian soldiers facing China with
> > armed soldiers.
>
> I'm confused by this, The Dali Lama lives in India so are you suggesting
> that China wants to invade India to get him back?

I don't think they want him back, but he is now protected by India.  He's on
the peaceful side of their military line.  I'm glad he is safe.

> > Actually, they didn't oppose war.  They were just totally
> > incompetent at it. The Buddhists in Tibet had prisons, an
> > army, munitions, etc.
>
> The Buddhists in Tibet or Tibet the nation?

Both.  Right there at the temple.

Can we suffice it to say that Buddhists are dedicated peace-respecting
people who seek each day to help heal the world and do no harm in the
process?  I believe this is true and very noble, and that the world would be
a better place if we all practiced at least some of its peaceful principles.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
ColdFusion MX Master Class:
July 14 - 18, 2003
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!

ColdFusion and related topics.