That is the US legal system. Some crimes warrant being held without bail.
Murder, Espionage, Rape and other serious crimes must be taken seriously, a
REAL Chinese spy under house arrest would be a major flight risk.

If the government thought I was a spy, and I was arrested, I could accept
being held without bail pending my trial. Because I understand the system, I
understand that it is there for the protection of society, and that people
where the evidence and charges warrant, should be held without bail until
the end of the trial.

I would be upset, however that is our system, and it seems to work, slowly,
but it does work.

What if they took it to trial immediately before they had the information,
and the guy was convicted? Then what do you do?

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm