Well there was more to the speech in the Wen Ho Lee case; the judge pretty
much said that the government lied to him. I suppose it is good that the
judge had enough integity to say so and follow up -- it looks like the man
was released because the US tried to say "we have proof but it's
classified" and the judge demanded that they produce it for his review and
gee, they couldn't find it or couldn't produce it or something. So three
cheers for an independent judiciary.

Richard Reid on the other hand... what can you say... he was a follower. It
is good that the passengers next to him took him on. I am not sure if in
his mind he was striking a blow for freedom or... what. The judge's speech
is pretty eloquent. Reminds me of that story about the policemen who
arrested the first who tried to blow up the World Trade Center, telling him
the towers were still there. By the way, did they ever decide whether they
were building them again or not?

Dana