From: Nick McClure [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 1:03 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: A good american

There is a difference between a peace time spy, and a war time traitor. A
peace time spy operating in the US is governed by the federal court system.

This man was accused of being a spy, a more thorough investigation proved
this to be incorrect. So what do you do? If there is cause you have to
arrest him. What if he was a spy, that potential served as a possible risk
to the nation.

We can't let him continue doing his job, if we think he is spying, we can't
let him run free, so we arrest him, on legitimate charges, and hold an
investigation, which showed he was just doing what everybody else was doing.

That is the peace time legal system of this country.

In war time, a traitor or spy on the battle field is much easier to spot,
he's the one wearing the same uniform you are, and is shooting at you. That
person is subject to immediate execution, by whatever means are required.

The legal system in this country while it assumes innocence, the courts
still have a responsibility to ensure the person accused does not attempt
flight, or potentially continuing to break the law while out on bond. The
person was held without bail, pending the investigation and trial.

There are plenty of people who are held without bail pending trial,
sometimes this takes up to a year or longer. That is our legal system. If
people would stop suing McDonalds because they spilled their coffee, maybe
we wouldn't need so many civil court justices, and they could be prosecuting
criminals.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but it seems that more often than not,
when they stop turning, the innocent go free, and the guilty go to jail.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com