Well I think if you could split marriage up it might help. Make marriage
a religious only union with no legal binding, spiritual only. Then make
legal marriage which would not be called marriage, maybe a legal union.
With all the legal rights that current married couples have. Then you
could split out the religious section and the legal section. I think the
main thing gays want is the ability to have the same rights that legally
married couples have. How much would it suck to be with a person for 30
years and then they die or goto the hospital and you can't give
decisions to the doctors. You can't see the patient since you're not
family etc. Its pretty cut and dried with me. Sometimes I get the willys
when I think about it in a spiritual sense but its not all about spirit
though I think the big issue is legal recognition that these 2 people
are united as one in front of the LAW.

I know I am sure some people want gay religious weddings and that's fine
though it does seem to fly in the face of what is said in certain
religions.

--
Bill Wheatley
Senior Database Developer