From: BethF [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 1:28 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: You People

Mike said:
"Soemthing strikes me as odd when two guys could watch the Red
Sox play a
1:00 game, get wasted on Schlitz, and end up at a county
courthouse
later that day with the full legal right to get married.  That's
not
catholic guilt, that's a joke people were telling back in the
50s."

Lots of things strike me as odd.  It strikes me as odd that you
can relate
your sins to some guy and be completely free of any guilty of
having done
them.  It strikes me as odd that my grandfather never tasted
bacon.  It
strikes me as odd that folks eat little wafers that taste like
styrofoam and
pretend its the flesh of some guy who died a couple thousand
years ago.

However, I certainly wouldn't get in the way of your ability to
do any of
these things, because they dont' affect me.  When your religious
beliefs
affect others, thats a whole nother can of worms, isn't it?