  From: Angel Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 19 January 2004 15:48
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: RE: Bleak future for videogamers?

  What's your definition of 'not a popular console' ? There are three
  consoles.
  Xbox is number 2.
  That means it's very popular, and becoming even more so.
  It is also leading all the other console in Online Play.

  Therefore what it does will set a standard for the other top consoles to
  follow with regards to online play, which is exactly what has been
  happening.

  Thus there's no evidence that Microsoft is grasping at straws here.

  PS2 is playing catchup to the Xbox Live service at the moment, but who
  knows because they have had time to check out the competition they may
  deliver something better.

  As to the speculation that STEAM will crash the first three days, and go
  under as a result of this,Several MMORPGs crashed when they were first
  launched and there was a rush to register and download content. These
  have not gone under and in fact Everquest is going strong and so is Star
  Wars Galaxies which had horrible problems with registering etc. at
  launch.

  So we have clear, real world examples that contradict your assertions.

  -Angel