That's not what I have read, Microsoft are very happy with their sales of
the Xbox, and quoting them as saying that the sales of the Xbox has
performed better than they have expected with sales in the next 6-8 months
as being another 14million (like to see that), but if they push it as hard
overseas as the do in Australia where you buy a mobile phone on a contract
you can have either a PS2 or Xbox and this has driven the sales of the Xbox
a lot in Australia, with the mega packs selling out within days of them
hitting the stores. Working in retail I have seen this happen the last 2
xmas's where I would sell 20 Xbox units to 1 ps2 unit...

Gamecube has been out longer, and is very popular in the Asian markets as is
any Nintendo product. Sony PS2 has been out a lot longer than either of
these 2 and is loosing ground to the Xbox fast. Each region is going to
always be different, but might have to wait and see what the PS3 will have
when it is released.

Regards
Andrew Scott
Technical Consultant