yeah? nope I haven't, hadn't heard of them... (dammit jim I'm a web designer not a... whatever :> )

But I will, thank you very kindly for the suggestion. We were thinking we should go ahead and research transportation in case he is seriously ill, and for future reference in case we hear again about a kid who is in urgent need of help. It has happened before a couple of times and we were quite helpless.

Good news, I have made contact with the mother... someone has given her a cellphone that has some sort of text messaging to email interface so she knows I am trying to talk to her but said the message was cut off. I guess there is a limit to message length??? Tried again as several short messages. I can't get through on this number she gave me; I get a message that the destination is not available for subscriber dialing. I thought it was the funky little long-distance company that we use here at the office but I got myself an AT&T phone card and it's still telling me the same thing. If anyone knows what that is about pls let me know :) Otherwise I guess she will have to go to the internet cafe if we can't get the text messaging to work.

The email I got from her says that she got him in to the doctor for the chest pains he was having and they are trying a different antibiotic: "WINTOMYLON it is a Urinary antiseptic but once he finished the bottle he will go back to COTRIMOXAZOLE 400mg." He still needs the ultrasound and labwork though; it seems these have not been done in quite some time and kidney damage/failure is a very real possibility with this syndrome. My best friend died in 2000 of cardiac complications of prune belly syndrome, which is how I became involved with the group.

Thanks everyone who is helping to make a difference for this kid :)

Dana