From: Lyons, Larry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 8:55 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Assault Weapons Ban

FN yes (having qualified on the Canadian C-1, C-2 SAW and C-3  variants).
But again what's the use of them outside of a military context. I still
think that these weapons are only good for killing people. I think that
military weapons have no place in the civilian world outside of the police
and National Guard and their equivalents. Moreover, lets not forget the
first part of that amendment referring to a well-regulated militia. To me
that means the national guard and reserves.

As for target shooting - what's the matter with using target rifles for
that? You definitely don't need a weapon that can shred the trunk of a 40
year Spruce in less than 3 minutes.

larry