Ok, this would scare the Bejeezus out of me...

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293

http://www.childrensdayton.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"There is no right price for the wrong product, even if it is inexpensive and delivered on time."

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/4/2004 7:20:10 PM >>>
I've had this happen. I can still recall it to this day, every detail.
I was 13 years old. It was a big old colonial house. Creaky, wooden
floors throughout, full attic and a basement.
One night I heard footsteps in the attic, walking directly above me from
one corner of the attic to the other. I was wide awake, had only just
gone to bed.
I screamed so loud, my parents did not want to come check on me.
Of course they went up there and there was nothing in the attic.
So I finally got to sleep, listening and listening.

Then, several nights later, I was still spooked and having trouble
sleeping ... so I went to sleep on the floor in my parents room. The
stairs came up directly to my parents door, meaning when you walked up
them you were facing their door and merely walked across the hallway
into the room. To the left was a closet, to the right their bed. I was
on the floor directly to the right of the door.

I was laying there on my back, staring at the ceiling, trying to get to
sleep when I heard someone/something walk up the stairs. The stairs were
also hardwood, no carpets and creaked when you walked on them It was an
old house. I was freaking out, but before I could sit up and wake up my
stepfather I felt myself being held down, I couldn't speak, I couldn't
breathe, I couldn't even lift an arm. It was like I was "paralyzed with
fear" ... I felt something sitting on my chest, breathing in my face ...
this went on for what seemed like forever, but was probably on a few
minutes. Then all of a sudden I was able to sit up and look around and I
saw nothing. I took my blanket and pillow and went and slept in a
closet.

After this, I "got back up on the horse" asked permission to move into
the attic, to battle my fears once and for all. I made up a nice bedroom
up there and lasted until winter, when it got too cold to sleep up
there. Then I had a lock put on the attic door .. on the OUTSIDE. I was
that afraid. I also never went into the basement after dark. You
couldn't pay me enough. LOLOL

Cheers,
Erika

From: Shawn Regan

I felt like I was being held down by some unseen spirit or creature or
whatever your minds seems to think up at the time. I thought I was going
crazy or it was one of the ghosts in our house. Our house is weird
sometimes
:) I found it is a common thing that happens when your stressed out
about
something.

When it happened, I could not speak, I could not move for about 5
minutes I
think it could of only been 5 seconds but it seemed forever. It was bad
and
I do not care to experience it again.

I even saw a show about it on Discovery. They believe it is responsible
for
a few myths. I can't remember what they were but it was strange to see
something like that on TV when you have had it happen to yourself.