Okay, so it's definitely not posting. It could have been that it was posting
but something was wrong with the display output and it just wasn't showing
you, but that doesn't sound like the case.

Try this: after you try to boot and while the system is getting power, hit
the reset switch. Perhaps you've done this already, but if not what it will
do is send more voltage down the rails. In some cases this gets a system to
post that doesn't on cold boot. If it does, then it's a PSU problem.

If that doesn't do it, the next step I would do is to take the board out of
the case and lay it down on the anti-static pad it came with. Then the only
things you should have connected to it are the CPU with HSF, the power leads
from the PSU, and the monitor. You might need a floppy drive attached, but I
shouldn't think so. Try to boot and see what happens.

-Kevin