Ok.
It was the memory.
This is the fantastic memory which I bought:
HYPERLINK
"http://makeashorterlink.com/?G2C952AA7"http://makeashorterlink.com/?G2C
952AA7

Apparently, that only works for Amd Athlon 64 *FX* chips. I have an AMD
Athlon 64.
Now..articles that talk abotu the memory interchange Athlon 64 And
Athlon FX regularly.
I guess I just didn't read enough?
Either way...cheap assed *elixir* RAM worked. 512 MB of single channel
ELIXIR RAM worked in my nice expensive motherboard, but my high classed,
pretty memory doesn't. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it now.
Anyways...it refused to boot into Windows 2K! Gave me a message saying
NTLDR not present, no boot device ;-)
So it's time to install XP. Hopefully this is not the start of another
saga.
Although software I can usually deal with. :)

Will post back (hopefully) in an hour or two from the new Athlon 64 when
I have it up and running.

-Gel

---