From: dana tierney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 9:19 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Interplay in trouble.

Since there seems to be disagreement on the Baldur's Gate issue, I went and
looked up the person's exact coments. In response to a request for
nominations for all-time worst game:

Oh... wow. That changes from time to time. Right now, I'm seriously miffed
at Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. It starts with the robbed and left naked
premise, which makes no sense when you're supposedly a butt-kicking warrior
type who can off tall Ogres with a single bash of your morningstar. It has
the requisite cellar in the Inn that hooks in to the
sewers that hooks in to everything else in the world (find a new idea,
please). The major insult, however, comes just as the dungeon crawl is
picking up a bit of interest: They bring in this arcade type
jump-fast-or-die level, with no means of by-passing the jumping thing. I
hate that. Seems like the designers at Bioware could do much better.

::shrug:: she teaches game design at the local community college, btw.
Again, I have never touched the game, so I am just quoting.

Dana

  _____