Are you saying you got <cfa_htmleditor> to work in netscape?

-----Original Message-----
From: Judah McAuley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 2:53 PM
Subject: RE: Inline html editor

At 09:57 PM 3/27/00 +1000, Peter Tillbrook wrote:
>The Spectra one doesn't work under Netscape (apparently) and all sorts of
>problems occur when people paste documents from Word into it (I'm sure you
>can understand why).
>
>Cheers!

I went to a spectra seminar yesterday and one of the things demonstrated
was the inline editing features.

It used Javascript to do the bold, underline, color change, etc.  The
demonstration was using IE, but I was promised that it works under Netscape
and IE 4.x and above.  If you did browser detection, had a good
understanding of Netscape vs. IE DOM implementation and were really good
with Javascript, it should be possible to make it work.

Be wary of most of the inline editing tools out there.  ActiveX controls,
IMHO, are a really bad idea in general and should only be considered for
very specific, short-term projects.

Judah

the body.