GoLive is just as bad as FrontPage as far as proprietary comments and
markup. I've had to work with GoLive files made by customers and it took me
more time to remove all the proprietary GoLive crap than it would have taken
me to just make the whole thing myself (by hand). I didn't say that using a
WYSIWYG editor made you unprofessional, I said non of the professionals I
know use it and even ones who do can and will handcode stuff more often than
not. The point I'm making is the difference between using a WYSIWIG editor
or CF Studio to save time although you could do it in Notepad, or using a
WYSIWYG editor or Cf Studio because you can't do it by hand. The difference
between a professional and an amateur lies right there. If you can hand code
everything but use Dreamweaver to layout tables really quickly, or CF Studio
to setup Queries more efficiently, that's fine, but when you use Dreamweaver
or FrontPage because HTML looks like Chinese (unless you can read Chinese,
then maybe it looks like Russian or something), then you are by no means a
professional. I doubt the people who make adobe's site use only GoLive to
make it. I also doubt the people who make microsoft.com use
FrontPage(actually, I know they don't). I think Dreamweaver is the only
WYSIWYG editor that gets any respect and I'm sure its for good reason. My
guess (I've never used it so I don't know) is because it does stuff right.
It doesn't rely on proprietary crap to make stuff work "prettily" (and crash
my browser) like FrontPage and GoLive. I refuse to install FP extensions on
my server even. If it means less business, oh well. I've worked over a year
dealing with customers breaking their FP extensions and trying to fix it for
them. It isn't worth it. That may be Dreamweavers only saving grace (Plus
its by Macromedia who makes awesome products).

-Will

(I won't go into MS vs. Unix because its a totally fruitless debate)