> but, to put it blatantly honest, its all about perspective...
> in my mind, if im not building the biggest baddest web apps
> in the world, then im building nothing...and who is the judge
> of that? me. and really, only me. thanks.

So if I hire you to create "hello world" in CF, will it be the biggest
baddest wed app in the world? There's perspective and then there's...
Some web apps are big and bad and others... well... they're not!

> now, amazon, ill give that to ya, nice shopping cart system, but
> the truth is, i could have done those, given the time, the resources
> and the money, i could have easily programmed, everything in
> any of those, i just wasnt given the chance. so, to wit...im here
> chillin and grillin on delmarva, sittin on the chesapeake bay
> building my own BAD A** web apps, sitting back, laughing, making
> nice cake!  with, can you guess ladies and gents....CF

Have you seen the Amazon.com taxonomy and recommendation engine?
Something like that is actually really hard to do and generally takes
some really smart people working as a team to pull it off. I may have a
bigger ego than most when it comes to programming, but I wouldn't call
the Amazon.com web app easy.

-Matt