From: Bruce Sorge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 6:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF vs. ASP

I know that I am chiming in late here, but here goes.
Learning another language can never hurt. Case in point. I put all of my
eggs in one basket and stuck to just CF. Although I have a good job that
pays very well, I am finding that I am starting to regret limiting
myself to just CF. Currently our Intranet in 98% CF, and our Portal is
99% ASP (currently being converted to ASP.net). The problem that I see
is that all of the upper management is totally sold on .net and we have
to keep justifying why we need CF. What I see is that I may become
somewhat of an anachronism if I do not do something about it, so I am
learning .net and PHP to improve job security (PHP is really for my side
work), and let us not forget the all important marketability aspect of
being a programmer.