> I think that's a pretty unfair, and easy to answer argument.

not unfair, not anything really. you've missed my point.

> Does that frighten you?

hardly anything but my wife scares me anymore.

> No one's being replaced; maintenance is being reduced from a
> developer/designer perspective and in conjunction with that, so are some
> frustrations that go hand-in-hand with it.

and i guess i can say that some customers actually expect you to bear those
frustrations as being part of their deal with you. you are being
"responsive" to their sadistic needs ;-) yadda yadda yadda. but that was not
my point. some offices might chuck their web staff out the window some day.
their business might well shrivel up like some raisin & they personally will
probably end up in the dankest corner of the nether regions but they still
might. "think" was the operative word there.