Well, we've been testing BlueDragon on an in-house application to see
how well it works under OSX. Our plan was to test, then if it seemed
viable, deploy our intranet on it to watch it perform under a real-world
scenario, then if that goes smoothly, we're going replace our 3rd party
Windows app server with an in-house Xserve. So far it's been great,
BlueDragon is really a pretty mature product. Our biggest issue so far
has been adjusting to working in the J2EE context.

If CFMXJ2EE were a product that were available to use in production and
if the cost wasn't so great that it was prohibitive to our budget you
can bet you're a$$ I'd be pushing to switch over first thing in the AM
:)

I'll be using CFMXJ2EE as my personal production environment but will
continue with our evaluation path for BlueDragon.

One thing I will offer as a suggestion is to dumb-down the installation
proceedure for CFMXJ2EE on OSX. A lot of OSX users are still getting
comfortable with the Terminal and it's still scary for a lot of
developers who don't have a lot of experience with server installation
and maintenance. Rather than running terminal sessions and editing
config files, have an option for "basic install" that does all these
things for you.

I got it running, right away and I'm not complaining, this is more than
I'd hoped for, but for the sake of using this as a transition period to
a full-product that's my first piece of input. Make a standard OSX
installer routine that can run a basic from-scratch install of JRun4 and
CFMX together and configure everything correctly.

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]