Gel,

If you use checkboxes (which is the best way BTW) they will be passed to the
for CF, since this is a standard CF List Format...

SO, what you will do is query your database of employees with some code like
the following:

<CFQUERY NAME="GetEmployees" DATASOURCE="#ODBC_DATASOURCE#">
SELECT *
FROM Employees
WHERE
        <CFLOOP INDEX="x" FROM="1" TO="#ListLen(employees)#">
                <CFIF #X# EQ #ListLen(employees)#>
                        employeeid = #ListGetAt(employees,x)#
                <CFELSE>
                        employeeid = #ListGetAt(employees,x)# OR
                </CFIF>
        </CFLOOP>
</CFQUERY>
<!-- note: employees would be the name of the checkbox control on the

That will return a recordset of all the selected checkboxes...

Some things you could/should do...
- Use the CFLOOP for looping over lists, but I think for show purposes the
above code shows what needs to be done better
- error check to make sure that at least one checkbox was selected
- maybe limit to 20 per page and do some paging (if page download size is an
issue)
- dynamically create the variable names for each employee for later
update...

Anyway, there are probably other ways, but this method will work...

HTH,
John