At 11:08 AM 7/5/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi folkses!
>
>G morning to you all :)
>
>A client wants me to return a list of Employees by Department, which may
>result in about 100 or so rows in a simple table.
>
>He wants to click a checkbox / radio button to select say..20 employees that
>she wants to edit.
>(This can be anything else beside a checkbox..doesn't matter)
>
>I need a way to then pull the Employee ID for these checked records, in
>order to display them in a table on a followup page for editing.
>
>How am I going to get these employee IDs to be passed to the next page when
>she submits the form?
>
>I'm stumped :-(
>
>Oh..btw. My deadline for this is tomorrow morning.
>
>wheee!

I'm hope I'm not telling you something you already know, but I know about
those nasty deadline thingses. I really liked how the user had a sex change
mid-sentence, by the way.

I would set up each select box to be named by the id number. Then on the
loop through the form variables. For each variable, I'd check to see if it
was form.[id] and if so, I would tack on a "or id = [id]" to a SQL
statement variable. (sqlstatement = "#sqlstatement# or id = [id]") Then,
when I sucked out all the id's from the form variables, I would run the sql
statement.

I wish I could tell you how to loop through the form variables, but
frankly, I don't know how it's done. But I do know that it's done, so you
can find out. You would probably have to find a way to check to see if the
form.[id] fits the id scheme, but not knowing the scheme I can't help you
there. I need more coffee now.

Oh, and I just read Top-Link Tech (John Ceci)'s message and I like his
method better.