On Monday, Mar 24, 2003, at 02:57 US/Pacific, Matt Robertson wrote:
> Isn't it possible for CFMX to scale session vars across a cluster now?

Yes, since you can use J2EE session variables and leverage the
scalability of the underlying J2EE system.

> Did you hit on session management in a cluster?  If it were me I'd go
> with client vars, but I guess using either client or session is now
> possible.

Client variables are restricted to simple data types, session variables
can be anything (including CFCs). That alone may be sufficient reason
to prefer session variables to client variables. Also, with client
variables, you are restricted to cookies (increasing download / get /
post time), registry (very bad!) or a database (serialization overhead
and data access times). I can't see the appeal of client variables so
I'd be interested to hear from folks - like Matt - who use them and
prefer them to session variables.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood