Monday, March 24, 2003, 11:46:36 AM, you wrote:

SAC> Client variables are restricted to simple data types, session variables
SAC> can be anything (including CFCs). That alone may be sufficient reason
SAC> to prefer session variables to client variables. Also, with client
SAC> variables, you are restricted to cookies (increasing download / get /
SAC> post time), registry (very bad!) or a database (serialization overhead
SAC> and data access times). I can't see the appeal of client variables so
SAC> I'd be interested to hear from folks - like Matt - who use them and
SAC> prefer them to session variables.

Pre MX, session variables required locking, and pre 5.0 they were
pretty unreliable imo. After being burned by disappearing session
variables, pccode errors, and very strange locking issues/bugs in
4.0/4.5 I swore them off.

Only very recently in MX have I started using them to hold cfcs.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]