Perhaps a better explaination is in order.  The app is internal for an
IE5.5+ only audience.  It's quite visually complex, and I'm trying to keep
the number of page loads down as the presentation changes as much as
possible.  I have a base page set up like this:

+---------------+
|               |
+---+-------+---+
|   |       |   |
|   |       |   |
|   |       |   |
|   |       |   |
|   |       |   |
+---+-------+---+
|               |
+---------------+

The top 4 content areas all have variable content, while the footer is
static.  As well, the top 4 areas might not all be there, and they might be
added or removed client-side.  This is all working just dandy using absolute
positioning and hiding stuff.  However, I need to slap that footer bar at
the bottom, and I need it to start below the other content areas (no
overlap).  I can't figure out a good way to do that, because I don't know
how tall the middle 3 areas are (if they are present) until the client
renders them.

I might well be pursueing a pipe-dream, in which case I'll find another way,
but it seems like this should be possible.

thanks,
barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.671.8708 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351

www.audiencecentral.com