> At 02:09 PM 7/3/03 -0400, Ben Forta wrote:
> >I assumed that too. But locking will not prevent that.
> Nothing will. If
> >two apps have the same application name then they share
> scopes, simple
> >as that.
>
> I hadn't thought of that - would it be prudent when running
> CF5 on a shared
> server to give your applications unusual names?

Depends. If you don't disable cffile/cfdirectory, I can look around and
find your application name. If you enable client variables, I'm pretty
sure I can search for that in the registry. If your app ever threw any
errors, I could look in the log file for the app name. In general, I
just wouldn't store the sensitive info in RAM.

===
Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Mindseye, Inc
(www.mindseye.com)
Member of Team Macromedia (http://www.macromedia.com/go/teammacromedia)

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog     : www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus/blog