From: Ben Forta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 2:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CrystalTech says ALL variables must be locked

Your CF instance is shared. Stuff in SERVER (which you generally should
not be using anyway) is shared by all applications. Stuff in APPLCIATION
is shared by all instances of the same <CFAPPLICATION NAME>. Stuff in
SESSION is shared by all requests containing the same session
identifiers. So yes, if you use the same <CFAPPLCIATION NAME> then those
scopes will be shared.

But, I assume (hope) you are not storing credit cards numbers in
APPLICATION variables. That kind of stuff is likely in a database, and
databases (data sources, actually) can indeed be locked down by using
sandboxes. That is exactly what sandboxes are designed to do. If you are
on a shared box then insist that your ISP has each application in a
sandbox. If they don't or won't, dump them immediately!

--- Ben