Hi,

>> I don't like: et al.

These are all personal preferences and, imo, don't really speak to the
validity of Fusebox. I don't like ASP; therefore I don't use it, but
that doesn't mean it is not a valid technology and very useful. I just
don't care. :) I am sure it is fine you feel the same way about Fusebox.

>> I like being able to see a URL and know which file to edit, without
having to read some other file.

I personally find myApp.MainPage to be fairly self explanatory... It's
the main page of the root circuit. All I need to know from there is
whether my issue is a qry, dsp, or act file ( you got to know that
anyways) and I am editing. Beyond that I don't have to dig through non
pertinent code to get to my issue.

>> how often does #foo# change that you need to store it in a variable?

Probably no more often than a dsn variable, but I never worry about
setting up a request.dsn just to be sure. I believe this issue has been
addressed in Fusebox 4, but then again what's the trouble of a single
XFA for forms?

>> you may argue that the abstraction provided by Fusebox is a better
alternative than a lack of abstraction

I argue that Fusebox, by virtue of abstraction, is organized against a
standard. I hate digging through someone's app, crap all over the place,
because it made sense to them. With a Fusebox app, I know what I am
looking for and what I am looking at 99% of the time. You may be able to
do so with straight CFML templates, but I have difficulty in some cases,
so Fusebox solves this for me. I also enjoy the very simple and useful
ability to reuse and edit queries easily and without having to come up
with my own method; it's native to the established framework.

>> I'd never have to be hired to fix a Fusebox application

Nor would I be hired to fix a non-Fusebox app; that is very relative.

Best regards,
Michael Wilson

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com