Brian,

I had a long and detailed response written, but chucked it.  The short, sweet answer
is that FB seems to be an investment in time to reinvent a wheel thats already rolling
well for me.

One thing I have little of is time.  Not because I'm such a bigshot, but because I'm
always working (or wasting work-time on this list :D).  I think the next thing you
guys should think on is developing a FBLite for Dummies so that someone who wants to
can walk in and be productive in an hour can do so.

With about 1500 lines of code in the FB4 core, that speaks of a much higher learning
curve than I have the time to climb.  Maybe once I do I'll decide its a good thing,
but for now I can't get past the fact that I need 1500 lines of code (every byte of
which I have to digest and understand) just to turn the lights on.

ColdFusion and related topics.