> This debate has been informative, but not really about pros
> or cons of Fusebox. I didn't realize there were so many
> developers out there that dislike a proven tool because they
> don't have the time/energy to understand it. I've never heard
> a developer who's actually architected and developed a
> project with FB say "I wish I hadn't used FB". Just
> developers that adopt code and don't understand how it works,
> or it's done differently then they do it.

Prior to FuseBox 4, there was a HUGE issue which meant that I
couldn't/wouldn't use it;
All of the FB files had to be held in folders under each
website/application that it was running on

When you run 30-40 sites on the same technology, spread over 3-4
servers, this was completely unusable

With FB4 allowing centralised files, this helped an awful lot, but there
are still restrictions

I tried to build an app on FB2, then another client wanted a site with
exactly the same technology - this meant duplicating the files over the
2 folders - whenever I did updates, I had to upload to 2 locations

Over time it went to several more sites, thus more uploads

At that point, I thought "I REALLY wish I hadn't used FuseBox for this"
- I had to scrap most of the code and start again

It would have been easier to have started with a centralised system - at
the time, FuseBox was fine for individual sites, but as soon as you
wanted the same technology on multiple sites, it became unmanageable...

At this point, I'm too far away from anything FuseBox to convert to it,
and I'm happy developing my way - although the current FuseBox
architecture is VERY similar to the system I designed for myself about 4
years ago, and am still using something very similar

What does that say about FuseBox?

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm