> I tried to build an app on FB2, then another client wanted a site with
> exactly the same technology - this meant duplicating the files over the
? 2 folders - whenever I did updates, I had to upload to 2 locations

Philip,

I'm no FB evangelist... people should use whatever works for them, IMO. But
there are a couple things in your comment that don't make sense to me.

(1) FB2 places no particular limits on the locations of your individual
fuses. In my case, each JournURL community is an independent instance of an
FB2-ish app, but all instances share dsp_s, act_s, qry_s, custom tags, and
CFCs that are stored in centralized locations.

(2) Ignoring any potential architectural issues, the problem you're
describing could have been solved with an automation app like AutoMate
(http://www.unisyn.com/automate/). One click (or a scheduler) will copy
files across directories and FTP them to the appropriate remote locations.
Would have been a whole lot simpler than scrapping most of the code and
starting from scratch.

--
Roger Benningfield
JournURL