> 1.    One of the things I'd like to do is populate a user's session
> with a user object that persists. Now my concern here is that this
> object is being created for each authenticated user. I'm assuming that
> all methods effectively get copied ot every user as well (again I'm
> assuming). This sounds expensive. If I get to 200, 300, etc.
> concurrentlogged-in users, is this an inefficient way to do things?

Although there could be 200 instances (object) of a CFC (class), there would only be
one definition of a particular method, and thus only one instantiation of that method,
IIRC.

> 2.    Another sort of related quesiton is the idea of an object having
> other objects (i.e. composition). Here's my concern here. Let's
> say I've
> got a user object that has one to many bookmarks associated with
> it. If
> a user has say 15 bookmarks, this also seems inefficient. Hal Helms
> explained composition nicely with a simple Person-Address composition
> relationship (i.e. a person has an address). This makes sense and
> isn'tworrisome b/c it is more or less a one-to-one relationship
> (or close to
> it). But if an object is composed of potentially many objects - is
> thisstill the best way to go? The alternative obviously is to just
> pull back
> the bookmarks as part & parcel of the person object's get method and
> just make it a native property of person (structure/query/whatever).

Well, according to the Gang of Four, you should favor composition over inheritance, as
well as make classes responsible for themselves.  So, your present approach sounds
good from a design point of view.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com