just to jump in and stir the pot ;) one of the things that I like most
about the latest versions of CF is that you can deploy a war file to a
J2EE platform and completely skip the need for a CF license for the
client.  Now that there are even instructions kicking around on how to
get this going with tomcat (which is free) it's even better.

Of course it makes life a little annoying for regular updates but if
you've finished a site and are just handing it over it's perfect.

DISCLAIMER:  I'm yet to actually play with this so there could well be
horrific problems with it - but the idea is cool ;)

cheers,
Toby.