  From: Nelson Winters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:18 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Re: cfdirectory = slow

  Mike,

  Thanks for the info, I'll try it out along with the function Barney
mentioned.  To answer your question though, I didn't use java because I'm
not very experienced using java and there, when trying to solve a problem,
it's not the first option that I turn to.

  It sounds like this will solve the specific problem that I mentioned, but
doesn't address the more common instance where a filter is used to pull
files matching a pattern using a wildcard.  I'm sure there's some other java
code to handle this as well, but wouldn't it be nice if  ColdFusion was up
to handle this.  I wonder why ColdFusion doesn't garner more respect than it
does in the developer community at large.

  I would still like an answer to my original question as to how to bring
this to macromedia's attention.

  Thanks,

  -Nelson