  From: Steven Erat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:41 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: RE: cfdirectory = slow

  One further note, the time required for the 'ls' command is only slightly
faster than CFMX.  The command 'ls' required 76 seconds whereas CFMX
required about 84 seconds.
  (If you run this test yourself, be sure to logout then log back in to
avoid any filename caching.)  All CF5/CFMX/ls tests were run on RH 7.2.
  ---
  sh-2.04$ pwd
  /tmp/dirlist
  sh-2.04$ time ls -l > /dev/null