>> "I would still like an answer to my original question as to how to bring this to macromedia's attention."

Nelson,

I logged bug 53607 for this.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Interestingly, while working with an test directory containing 31000 files, CFMX 6.1 required 83 seconds to run the cfdirectory tag as measured with getTickCount(), but CF5 on the same machine with same code and same directory required 154 seconds.  I ran the test several times and found the times were mostly consistent within about 1 sec.

-Steven Erat