From: "brob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 10:06 PM
Subject: Network

| Hey guys, right now we have an app that allows our people to view files
(intranet app), and tag them (tagging the ones with a document number on the
top).  We're viewing like 70+ tiff images a minute.  It is fine when one user is
hitting the server. But when we get 5 people to hit the server, it frequently
takes a bit longer for each image to show up. We can't have that, as this guy
can tag anywhere from 70 to 85 images a minute.

| The images vary from 50k to 200k in size, and i am confused why that would
slow down the network I thought a closed network in general is pretty fast.  Is
there any way to speed up the network?  right now we use a 10/100mbps hub.  and
also i am wonderin how do u know if your network is running at 10mbps or
100mbps??

| Or maybe it would help if we got a faster hard drive?  right now it's a
7200rpm would it help to get a scsi hard drive, in terms of spitting out an
image to the network?