I'm trying to experiment with web services and I've already run into my
first conundrum.  It seems that the basic principle of web services
dictates a stateless design.  So how do you maintain security in your
services.  Say you have a time sheet program and the flow goes something
like this:

1.enter site.

2.log into system

3.enter new time into system

4.review old records.

5.edit previous entry

Does this mean that for steps 2 through 5 you'll be sending the
user/password combo so that each call can be authenticated?  I've
thought that maybe step 2 could return a connection id that you could
sub for the user/password combo.....

--

Marlon Moyer, Sr. Internet Developer

American Contractors Insurance Group