> For various types of features we would like to implement in
> He3, we need the ability to locate files that are defined by
> runtime information which won't be available. Examples of
> this include resolving cfincludes, custom tag calls, and CFC
> dot notation references. One way to solve this is for
> projects in He3 to be configured with custom tag paths and
> mappings that match the settings in the target platform. That
> leads to a few implications. First, it requires the developer
> to actually configure information in a project.
> I know DWMX's project configuration annoyed me when I was
> used to just pointing Studio at a file system directory.
> Second, the project's settings could get out of sync with the
> target platform thus causing unexpected behavior.
>
> Any thoughts on the proposed solution?

Do you see people's settings changing often? Normally (well, for my projects
anyway), the settings (DSN, mapping) are setup at the beginning and never
change. The main thing that _does_ change are the files. So if your
product's concept of projects would auto include all files in a folder, then
I think it would be fine. I'd have no issue setting up things like the DSN
and mapping since this would only need to be done once per project.